25 New Habits for Your Professional Life
“Habits aren’t easy to break or easy to set.”
However, they are rewarding if they are on the good side of habits.
- Set challenges for yourself to motivate you to advance in your job position.
- Set boundaries for work-related situations and create “what if” action plans.
- Request feedback to obtain a variety of viewpoints.
- Learn new or advanced job skills to help you make good decisions and choices.
- Develop skills and strategies to help you focus better.
- Share your knowledge and tips with new coworkers to help them get acclimated.
- Do more than the minimum work required to be noticed by management.
- Connect on a professional level with your coworkers.
- Become known as a problem-solver to your coworkers and others.
- Proofread your written work before sending or submitting it.
- Be honest and realistic with yourself and your coworkers.
- Show your appreciation when someone helps you.
- Clean and organize your desk each day. Clutter is distracting, so keep it off your desk.
- Organize and file important papers and memos to make things easier to find.
- Share tips and tricks with coworkers to boost team efficiency and productivity.
- Listen intently when others are talking. Focus on understanding their perspective.
- Look for opportunities to advance your career. Learn more about each opportunity.
- Make friends with everyone. Regardless of their position, everyone can be supportive.
- Develop creative thinking skills related to your job.
- Track and record your professional accomplishments and progress.
- Refrain from comparing yourself to others. Everyone is different so there is no comparison.
- When you see a need, roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help everyone involved.
- Pay attention to your body language, as well as that of others in the conversation.
- Take responsibility for mistakes but don’t dwell on them. Concentrate on how to fix things.
- Step outside of your comfort zone to accept your dream opportunity.
Continue to reach higher, regardless of your position. There’s always a “next level.”
Let’s see what habits will yield greater results for you in the new year.
MCA is a third-party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves on excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect it! Why not try and re-coop some of your past due accounts with no out-of-pocket expense?